I have a pond at last!
But first a quick update on the rest of the garden. Here is the fence before…
…and here it is after painting.
I think it’s better. The grey, sun bleached look wasn’t great and now the foliage pops a bit more. And as you can see, everything is growing fast and filling in 🙂
Now the best bit! I dug the hole in an afternoon and settled the preformed pond in the next day and filled it up.
I extended the oval flower bed to accommodate the pond; it’s now more of a reuleaux triangle-ish shape! Our neighbour has re-named it the spaceship.
I had to use tap water to fill the pond as it’s been really dry and there wasn’t much in our water butts.
I put some rocks in straight away to make sure there was an exit ramp for wildlife.
I’ve added more inside and around the pond, and I’ve been playing around trying to get them how I want them. I’ve made a couple of platforms for plants and for birds to bathe, and the birds have been using them 🙂
The water has been in there for over a week now, so I will get some plants soon. Then hopefully the frogs, newts, and dragonflies will move in!
More pictures soon.