It’s still really cold out but we finally had a bit of dry weather, and even some sun, today so we started working in the garden again at last!
The photos below show the log rolls we brought to separate the lawn from the meadow to be and what we did with them. Ignore the telephone pole! That will be removed; it’s the remnants of a home made swing.
These sleepers mark where the arbour seat/hide will go. They will sit on their sides partly burred. The middle will be filled with slate chips for better drainage, with plenty of foot room. We will place a few patio slabs to create stepping stones through the meadow area to the arbour seat.
The Blackbirds appeared once we finished for the day to clear up any disturbed worms 🙂 I’m sure our Robin wasn’t too far away either.
Hopefully there will be further progress tomorrow.