It’s been a long time since I’ve updated about our garden project. This is primarily because progress has been slow over the winter, but that is all about to change!
All the border sleepers I was updating about went in last year and we have just ordered more supplies. We have a log roll border ordered to separate the lawn from the future meadow, we have meadow seed, a butterfly bush and more sleepers to sit our arbour seat on (which will go in the meadow). We need slate for under the arbour too, but we already have camouflage net to turn it into a hide as we need to.
Our Blue Tit and Robin boxes are already up and we need to put up our Swift box. We have been gifted new bird feeders and they are already in use.
I can’t wait for everything to be done. We will have to start work on it again just as soon as the weather dries out a bit. I will try and post more pictures as we go. Hopefully, this time next year, we’ll have a wildlife friendly garden that looks great!
On another note, a fox was spotted in our garden recently and I’m hoping we can see more. Also, a while ago, early December I think… I saw about 6 Long Tailed Tits! They were on one of our Silver Birch trees. This was a treat for me as I can’t remember ever seeing them before.
Plus we recently had snow in the UK, which of course meant photo time!